Sunday, May 17, 2009

Top 5 Reasons Why I Love to Exercise at Home


*********************************************************

As Featured On EzineArticles


The big breakthrough in my personal fitness came through when I stopped trying to go to the gym classes, and started using workouts on DVDs at home. I love it and here are the top five reasons why:
1) Time savings:
I did not have to drive or take public transportation to the gym’s location.
This saves me take and money, not to mention it reduces my carbon footprint!
2) Simplified logistics:
I don’t need to remember to pack a gym back with closes and shoes a night before, and have my workout affected or even missed when you realize you forgot you socks, sports bra or hanging lock (I went through a tons of those in years!), or any other little details that prevents you from exercising.
3) Eliminates wait in shower lines!
The gym classes can take anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour and a half. On top of it, you need to account for shower time, plus a wait time for the shower after a popular class. I remember agonizing over that wait many a time! Also many times the gym ran out of towels or towels were too small to wrap myself around, and they smell from a cheap detergent or mold. I am not fidgety but after a while the whole experience of going to the gym was for me associated with the smell of that detergent and …mold! I take my own shower and towel any day over that!
4) Flexible schedule
When I depended on the gym classes’ schedule, making it to the class was sometimes harder than doing the hardest class! As soon as I established a routine, life would interfere and I’d miss my favorite class. With DVDs if I don’t do my workout in the morning, I will complete it after work. This way I don’t miss workouts and I am able to make progress.
5) Consistency
When you work out at home, not only can you make your own flexible schedule, but you don’t depend on your instructor being there for you. There is no lateness, no-shows due to illness or vacation, or because your favorite instructor leaves the gym just as you were starting to get into it! The instructor on the DVD is always there for you, regardless of season, weather or anything else.

In my view working out at home eliminates a lot logistical obstacles and annoyances insuring that you work out regularly, consistently and get the results you want.

No comments: