Friday, May 16, 2008

Changing habits, Part1 - Eating


*********************************************************

Look, Ma, no (clock) hands!

After 7 months of eating 5 meals a day I no longer need a watch to tell me what time it is.

I have my breakfast after the workout about 8 AM.

Then if I am ready for my first snack - it must be 10:20 AM.

The thought of food enters my mind again - you better believe it is 12:30 P.M, my lunch time!

A twinge in the stomach again - I can bet it is 3 :30 P.M., time for my second snack of the day!

Later if I get restless and your watch does not say 6 PM, you need to change the battery!

This amazing feature emerged on its own, I was not living strictly by the clock, or being extremely punctual or deliberatly eat only by the strock of certain hours or bust.

I was loosely adhering to guidelines Beach Body was providing, and look, Ma, no (clock) hands!

This unintended but nevertheless welcome consiquence of change in my diet is incauraging because it makes me think what else I could change
given some length of time and a bit of attention?

Maybe my erratic sleep patterns? I still need an alarm clock to wake me up...

What habit would you like to change?

2 comments:

Coach Barbie, PhD said...

Oh my God! I'm a walking clock, too! I don't ever WEAR a watch anymore! Loved this post!

Barbie

Coach Ange, MSW said...

you are right about giving yourself credit for coming so far and loving the body you created...

love it